Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sometimes, even I laugh at me

So I was just, ahem, in the bathroom, and, as I sat there, thinking, "this is a mess...we've got to get this picked up before mom & Tom get home (they are on mini-vaca)." Then I was trying to come up with the expression...you know, the one that goes 'it gets bad before it gets worse.' No, that's not right...what IS it....AH HA...'it gets worse before it gets better!" Seriously, these are the types of things that often go through my head. These musings are not restricted to the bathroom, either. I have them throughout the day in various places.

The girls and I had a busy day and I am just now realizing that I'm tired. It didn't seem that busy while we were in the middle of it. We hit the farmer's market this AM and bought fruit, which we brought home and made our first ever homemade freezer jam. We now have 30 jars...strawberry, raspberry, raspberry/blackberry (had to improvise--didn't have enough for a full batch of either--and it's tasty), and blueberry (surprisingly good seeing as how I do not care for blueberries). I need to get some apricots off Brandy's tree (if you read this B, I'm coming over tomorrow) so that I can fill up my last six empty jars. I will let you know when I figure out the total cost, but I'm fairly positive it's well under $2/jar (probably closer to $1.60). Tons of sugar, but no artificial stuff, so much healthier in my book. Plus, store-bought stuff probably has just as much sugar--we just don't get to see it dumped in, so we don't realize! Oh, FYI--this was SO easy. If it wasn't, I would've have 30 jars :-) Oh, maybe I should figure in the cost of the t-shirt I probably ruined by smashing a raspberry on it at the farmer's market, and then dripping a taste test down the front....ok, +$10 (it's a KHS t-shirt--they're cheap).

Jada came over to swim w/the girls after lunch and they had a blast. As soon as I get to hook up my own computer in my new house (maybe next week?) I will post some of the super-cute pictures! Then, Jada left but Jen left Josh w/me to babysit while she took the older kids to a movie. Ahhhh....Josh is a cutie!!! LOVE him!!

AND THEN we ate dinner, got some ice cream (some people drink, I eat ice cream, ok?), came home and washed the car, read books, and put kids to bed. Oh, and I'm feeling very proud (can't help it) of my dear husband...he's had several nice things happen to him related to work in the past few weeks, which is nice b/c he has worked really hard.

1 comment:

Jen Burns said...

Well I guess that sorta counts for bloggin' 'bout the trooper