Sunday, July 19, 2009

Homemade jam update

The strawberry jam turned out...awesome! I was wondering if I had stirred long enough to make all the sugar dissolve and, apparently, I did. Oh, it's tasty. We will have to try a different kind next to see how it turned out. I was also surpised that, once it has been refrigerated, the jam set up pretty well--not like jelly, but still pretty firm. This COULD be a substitute for my ice cream addiction. I blame A for the ice cream thing, by the way. He ate ice cream every night in Kuwait, so he came home and continued eating ice cream every night...but I got to enjoy it with him. We have managed to wean ourselves, but we still enjoy it WAY too often!

2 comments:

Brandie said...

Did you use the no cook freezer jam? That's what I use and it is so simple and delicious!

Desiree said...

yep!