Monday, December 22, 2008

Two posts in one day..

I'm a copycat. Earlier, when I was "working," I was looking at Kami's blog and discovered that you can put a list of the blogs you follow on your own blog. So we can have one, big, stalker-style following! How fun is that?! So, I had to add that "gadget" to my blog!

After "work" I did some Christmas shopping; I think that I'm pretty much done. I had to get Ben's gift in the mail. It's supposed to get to Portland (which, I will remind you all, is only 4 hours away from here) by Wednesday, but there are no guarantees b/c of the weather. It would probably help if any of the direct routes to Portland from WA were open...they aren't (at least, they weren't earlier today).

I saw what would've been a nasty wreck during my shopping trip out by the mall. I was busy driving slow and irritating the idiot next to me (b/c he couldn't get around me or the truck in front of him...wouldn't that be a sign...if the two big trucks around you are going slow, wouldn't you think that you, in your little car, might want to go slow, too). Anyway, at a major intersection, a Prius (read--tiny tin can car) turned left in front of the big truck (the one slowing the idiot down). Prius can't get going, big truck can't stop (we all discovered that we were on a big sheet of ice). Guy in big truck manages to slide far left (luckily I was far enough back), then slide right and get around Prius. I'm sure everyone in each vehicle had to stop at the nearest bar to 1) go to the restroom and 2) have a drink and relax :-) Only one drink, though...we wouldn't want to drink and drive...ever...and especially in this weather. Which leads me to my next thought...

Ah, good times.

No comments: