Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas was good

We had such a nice Christmas this year; it was relaxing, we weren't rushing all over the place. We went to Andre's parent's house on Christmas Eve for dinner and saw his sisters and exchanged gifts. We stayed home on Christmas day except for dinner, which we had at Helen's house w/my mom & Tom, Jen, Joe & the kids.

I made homemade cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning after we opened our gifts, which were tasty, but the filling bubbled out and spilled into the oven. Anyone that bakes knows that a butter/sugar mixture BURNS like nothing else, so that filled the house with smoke :-) But they tasted good!! We got to relive the joy of the burnt butter/sugar last night when I made a lasagna. I do not believe in cleaning my oven as, eventually, the spilled stuff it will cook itself into oblivion.

I've done a little post-Christmas sale shopping and picked up some fun decorations for next year. The stores have been SO quiet, though, I can't believe it. People just don't seem to be out. The girls and I went to Costco on Saturday morning and it was empty. Nice, because it was quick, but is this a sign of tough economic times in our area?

Oh yeah, the 12 inches + of snow that we had...it's gone. Literally. Almost every single bit of it melted in a single day/night. It warmed way up and then the wind started to blow...and it was gone when I woke up the next morning!!! Crazy.

No comments: