Thursday, July 31, 2008

Busy times

Taught summer school until July 18--fairly uneventful. Kami subbed for me the last three days (July 20-23) so that I could go to Las Vegas for a work conference...darn.

Had a ball in Vegas. We went for the National Conference on Differentiated Instruction, which I thought was pretty good. I got tons of ideas for both my own classroom instruction and also for whole-school environment type of things. And we were in Vegas...which isn't too shabby. We went to Elton John's Red Piano show--awesome, of course, but confusing at times. Also had some great meals, especially at the Triple George Grill, which was tasty.

A was home while I was in Vegas. He worked, though, graveyards and learned a lot from his coach, I think. The week went by really quickly, though, and now he's back at the academy.

My Uncle Duncan and Aunt Sally spent the last couple of nights with us and just left this AM. They were on a motorcycle ride through the US. Actually, they went on what's called the "4 corners" ride--going to the four farthest corners in the US...by the time they got to our place, they'd been about 10,000 miles. They left here on the way to Blaine (farthest NW point) and are heading home to Northern CA after that. It was a good visit.

Going to be in Spokane in a couple of weeks for another work conference. The girls are going to go with me up there and then get to hang out with my Dad and Barb for a couple of days while I'm there. They are really excited.

No comments: