Andre and I enjoyed a nice evening at the newly opened Roxy Wine Bar last night. They just opened for business a couple of weeks ago and have got a great thing going. The atmosphere is just right--casual but classy, with a 200 inch screen showing old b&w movies (no sound) and great music playing. There is a large area available for dancing, too (we didn't partake). The decor is beautiful and they remembered to include the bathroom, which I found nice (and clean, for that matter). The wine selection is amazing--I'm no expert, but I thought that the list was pretty extensive and the prices were very reasonable. The owner told us that he's getting so many new (and obscure) labels in that he's having a hard time keeping his list updated--so I wouldn't always rely on their web site for an all-inclusive list. They also have several beers on tap, including micros, in case wine is not your thing! We had to have a snack with our wine (or I would've had an even worse headache this morning), so we ordered a meatball crostini plate (that's not the official name of it) that was really good. They serve a variety of appetizer-style dishes, as well as salads and soups. Then we shared a yummy slice of chocolate cake a little while later.
So, in case you hadn't already guessed it, I highly recommend Roxy Wine Bar. It's located on the corner of Auburn and Kennewick Ave. downtown. YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment