We signed O up for soccer because she wanted us to...however, after playing a few times, she decided that she did not like it anymore because doesn't like to run. She actually said that. I'm thinking, great, is my 4-year-old going to be a couch potato? I don't think so, because she's very active otherwise. We still had her go to the rest of her games (I think she only had a couple left after her announcement) and she actually refused to go in when her coach tried to put her in.
This is very different from V because she is running all the time--that's her only speed. So today I signed them both up for gymnastics (or, nastics as they call it). Also their request. Andre's comment was, "Can't they do something cheap?" YMCA soccer was definitely cheaper than nastics. I'm pretty sure they're going to love it, though. Tomorrow is our first class. I'm just glad that they can be in the same class so that I don't have to worry about what to do with one while the other is in class.
I read Fast Food Nation last week and found it pretty much fascinating. It was very informative and quite an eye-opener. The author comments about there being "shit" in our hamburgers...which is making me seriously consider not ever eating another one again. Luckily, I don't really love them anyway!
Tomorrow evening Andre and I are going to a new wine bar that's opened up downtown. One of his buddies from work owns it, so we are excited to check it out. I'm having a student of mine babysit the girls--this will be her first time watching the girls at our house, but she's played with them when they've been with me at school for functions, so I think it'll be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment