Monday, July 11, 2011

Irony

We have harvested precisely four items from our garden this year. Three cherry tomatoes (which the girls promptly ate) and one lovely zucchini. Why irony, you ask? Because I don't even LIKE zucchini. It's a pretty decent looking zucchini...a couple of dings and a yucky looking end, but considering that I haven't sprayed any chemicals on the garden to keep the bugs away, I call it a success. Not sure what to do with this ONE zucchini. Will it be enough to make into zucchini bread, thus rendering it something I might enjoy eating?


Speaking of bugs, something really loves broccoli because it's completely devoured. I suppose it could have also been eaten by a small animal, too; however, the leaves are not completely gone. What is left of them has little holes -- the ones that bugs skillfully make. I am guessing that whatever loves broccoli also loves brussels sprouts because it's working on those plants right now. Poor guys. Poor me. I LOVE brussels sprouts. Not so sad about the broccoli. Yep, that's another thing I don't like.

1 comment:

Jen Burns said...

wasskilly wabbitts