| These were the only two left when I remembered that I ought to take a picture. Note the massive amount of streusel topping, especially on the right muffin. |
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
Do you like rhubarb? I didn't think that I did, but then I decided that maybe it was something we should try. So, on a trip to our local farmer's market, I picked up a few... stalks...is that what you would call a piece of rhubarb? Anyway, my girls and I got some rhubarb (and some amazingly fresh lettuce and spinach while we were at it) and then went home to make this recipe. They were mighty tasty but my girls did not care too much for the chunks of rhubarb. When I make them again, I am going to chop the rhubarb into smaller bits. I also forgot to fold part of the streusel topping into the muffin mix, which explains why I felt like there was an awful lot of topping for the muffins. Had I remembered, I think the girls may have liked them more because ths additional sweetness in the mix would've taken the edge off the rhubarb more. They were a big hit with the grownups in the house, though.
I can't stress enough how much I adore The Smitten Kitchen. They have lots of recipes I'll never make, but tons that I will and I also enjoy how she posts updates about recipes when/if she has them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They look fabulous :-)
Mom
I will need to try this!
Post a Comment