Andre and the girls got me a Kindle for Christmas last year. Andre refers to it as my "nerd gear." He's secretly jealous that he does not have one for himself. We can debate all of the merits and drawbacks of the Kindle/other e-readers vs. paper books, but the fact is that the Kindle is very convenient for me. I can have a new book to read without having to leave my house (or bed, for that matter). So, I adore that aspect of it.
I am currently reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. The book is a memoir of Rubin's quest to become...wait for it...happier. She was already a happy person, but felt like there was room for improvement. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying the book. For one thing, she reminds me so much of my friend, Heather. Rubin is deeply reflective andanalyzes the whole concept of "happiness." It's amazing that the subject can be made into a project. Also, I find that all of her suggestions, so far, are things that work for her life, but could also work in most people's lives (so far..I'm only on chapter 4). Wouldn't it be fun to start your own happiness project?
2 comments:
This is very off topic, but, where is the background for your blog? It's all white?
Mom
I decided I didn't like it anymore. Changed to this one on purpose :)
Post a Comment