Thursday, April 23, 2009

Officially Homeless

We are officially homeless. The buyers for our house signed off on the inspection last night, which means that, unless something incredible happens, we have sold our house. We close no later than May 14. Which means I have about three weeks to get packed and moved--1/16 of our stuff to my mom's house (our clothes) and the rest to what I am sure will be a lovely storage unit. I am strangely unstressed about this process. Maybe that's because I am SO relieved about selling our house.

We are going to live at my mom's until our new house is finished. We are not sure how long that will be since we have not made a decision about what our new house will be...it might be under construction already...or it might not. The issue is whether we want to buy the one and only house that is under construction but not sold in the neighborhood we are moving to. Or, do we want to pick a different lot and plan (or the same plan?) and wait longer...ah, the choices.

Have a I mentioned that I LOVE high school proms? As the Junior Class advisor this year, I have the extreme pleasure of coordinating the prom and all of the activities that go along with it. Good times.

All is well in the land of National Boards. We have been studying for the assessment center test...trying to prepare for all of the what-ifs. I feel good about this part b/c I think that we will walk in there feeling like there was nothing else we could have done to get ready.

1 comment:

Jen Burns said...

This is all great, great, great!