Thursday, March 26, 2009

Under Contract, Accepting Offers

We are officially "under contract, accepting offers" for our house. We got a pretty good offer on Saturday night, countered Monday, and they accepted last night. It's all contingent on several things, but the big one is they have to sell their house first. That's kind of a drag, but hopefully they'll be able to unload it quick. They have until June 30 to close with us...and if they aren't under contract with their house by May 30, our deal falls through. Which would really suck for a lot of reasons, so hopefully that won't happen!!! One of the good things is that we have a "bump" clause, which means that if we get another offer with no contingencies, we can give our current offer 3 days to decide if they want to try to get financing or whatever or else we can bump them in favor of the new offer.

Oh, and I'm mailing "the box" today. So my portfolio, which represents an ungodly amount of work, will be off to the assessors for the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. Now all I have to do is study a whole bunch and go to the assessment center on May 26 for my test -- 6 prompts, 30 minutes each. I'm not nearly as stressed about it as I have been about my portfolio.

2 comments:

Brandie said...

Sounds like great news!

Anonymous said...

Good Job Desiree...
You deserve kudos for all your hard work. Love you Mom