It's been a long time since I've posted anything; that's b/c I didn't have much to say. However, I was just reading a blog update about a little girl and realized that now I have something to write!
Things that I'm thankful for...everything in my life! I'm so lucky that I have healthy, happy kids; an incredible husband; the best friends on Earth; a job that I like a whole bunch and co-workers that are the greatest...and all of the other stuff that goes with these things. Kami and I were just talking the other day about how lucky we are and that some people have so many struggles to deal with. I think we all have struggles, though, and how you deal with them can dictate how they impact your life. On the other hand, some people sure seem to get dealt a pretty rotten hand.
Which leads me to the blog that I was reading. It's a Caring Bridge site, actually, created for a little girl named Emily. Emily has been diagnosed with a debilitating disease called Rasmussen's encephilitis (sp?). I was lead to this by my BFF Heather, who is friends with Emily's mom. I hope that you are all as inspired as I am by Emily's mom, who must be one of the strongest women on the planet. My husband refuses to read Emily's page because the situation makes him so sad, but I try hard to stay optimistic for Emily's sake, even though she does not know me. Good thoughts (prayers) have got to make a difference. If you would like to visit Emily's page, I've put it in my links section.
No comments:
Post a Comment