Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pie Crust? Yes, ma'am!

I decided to try making pie crust this year instead of going with my old standby--pillsbury in a box. I did buy the box, though, just in case things didn't work out. And there was a definite possibility that things would not work out -- I've tried it before and ended up with a mess...though it led to my discovery of the pie crust in a box, so I suppose my attempt was not a total bust.

Anyway, I decided to give it another try. Check this baby out:

  • good consistency and not too sticky or dry
  • bigger than pie plate 
  • no tears in crust (I mean tear as in rip, not tear as in sad...haha...I realized it could have been either in this situation)
This pretty crust now has a lovely sweet potato pie all baked in it. It smells great and Andre will be surprised to see it (and happy, since he's the one who likes it) when he gets home. Whenever that is...he might have to work super late tonight with our crazy weather.

Yay me!! Now I'm waiting for my potato roll bread dough to rise (thanks again for the recipe, Brandie). I'm going to go ahead and bake rolls tonight since I can stay up late -- school is cancelled for tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew you could do it, just need that perfect consistency, piece of cake.. Good job.
Love Mom