The girls and I made this banner a couple nights ago. So fun and inexpensive...it cost about $5, I think. Now I just need to figure out how to hide the stupid thermostat that our builder so wisely put smack in the middle of what could've been a nice wall to hang a picture or something.
We also made and sent these invitations. Not that our "peeps" need a formal invitation. But it was fun to make them. The picture quality is not that great, but you'll get the general idea.
I spent yesterday working out my menu and shopped today. The grocery store was surprisingly un-busy (is that a word?!) and I got in and out with no trouble. On the menu for this year:
Turkey (duh, but am trying something new and not stuffing him...her...?)
Ham (cooking it in my crock pot to free up oven space)
Andouille sausage stuffing (has the standard seasoning/ingredients, plus the sausage and red bell peppers)
Cream corn (not out of the can, friends, but made with cream cheese...can we say yum!)
Regular corn (in case, for some reason, the cream corn is not a giant hit with everyone)
Brussels sprouts (sauteed with bacon and red onions...one of my favorites)
Candied yams (complete with marshmellows on top)
Baked potatoes (my sister's clever idea, complete will the toppings)
Rolls (not sure if they will be store bought or homemade -- it will depend on how much time/energy I have)
and
PIE!!
What's on your menu??



2 comments:
Oh my Desi! If I'm ever at home with no where to go for Thanksgiving, I'm coming over to your house. I make a mean veggie tray! :) You sound like an amazing cook. Do you give lessons? Jamie
I am not an amazing cook. I follow the recipes :) You would definitely be welcome at our house any time!!! And we like veggie trays!
Post a Comment