I don't think that our town qualifies as a suburb, exactly, since we don't live remotely close to any major urban area. However, suburbia was what I thought of when I...wait for it...borrowed two eggs from the neighbor across the street.
Friends, this is not something I would normally do. In fact, it took me about 10 minutes of debating (with myself) to work up the nerve to go ask. Factors to consider included: 1) I had already put the butter and sugar in the bowl, 2) The grocery store is about 10 minutes away, 3) I've already been to the grocery store today (grrrr), 3) I am on a strict time schedule getting ready for the big vaca, and 5) I instensly dislike borrowing things. I don't know why. I don't mind lending things to people at all. Number 5 is what held me back for 10 minutes...it almost trumped Nos 1-4. I tell you, it's a sickness.
Now, my gal Rhonda would be all over this egg situation. It would've taken her two seconds to deal with it -- she would've looked in the fridge, realized she had no eggs, and gone next door without thinking twice. Rhonda DOES live in a suburb, by the way. But she also just has the right personality for this type of situation. In the future, I am going to stop and say to myself WWRD...What Would Rhonda Do?
4 comments:
This may not work in all situations...Just Saying!!
Love ya- Rhonda
Mike just reminded me that I borrowed milk from our camping neighbors on Friday.
I am so with you. I think I would've adjusted my recipe and made it w/o the eggs!--Mandy
you can't call it borrowing, unless you give them some of the resulting dish. You owe them now! They'll be coming for theirs soon enough, you can count on it! Bahahahaha! Now you are really a neighbor and you can't take it back. lol....
Post a Comment