Luckily, the two are not necessarily related. Our computer has a virus...but I've outsmarted it for now. I figured out a way to open our programs. However, I think I better get it fixed ASAP. Pain in the arse, I tell you.
Canning. Oh how I love thee. It makes me feel 1) nerdy and 2) accomplished. Funny, huh? In hindsight, I think I should have picked easier things to start with, but I was trying to be "in season." So I started with pickled asparagus. According to Andre and Olivia, the first batch is good stuff, but could be spiced up. I made a second batch and tried a different method and added more jalapenos, so we'll see how it turns out. They haven't gotten to it yet. Pickled asparagus is actually a pain, as I discovered. Making sure all the spears are the rigth length, cooking them just enough but not too much and then packing them into the jars got a little old, I'll admit. I am done with asparagus for the year.
So cherries. That was my project for today. I forgot about the invention known as a cherry pitter. I remembered it right as I was getting ready to start slicing and pitting the cherries by hand. I thought, "how bad could it be?"
Friends, if you ever want to can cherries, buy a pitter.
1 comment:
I just had some tasty jalapeno pickled asparagus at my great aunt and uncles house...but she had hers all cut into 2 or so inch pieces. So there was no fitting them in just right. Not sure it made them taste any diff and must be easier!
Post a Comment