I so love the end of the school year. Every year. This year, however, is especially sweet as it marks the end of a) the hell that I refer to as the quest for national board certification; b) the hell that is also known as the process for becoming a WA State Trooper; c) 1/2 the hell of moving...there is no other name for that, and we still have to move from storage into the new house; d) the hell of selling your old house and finding a new one that falls within VERY narrow guidelines...specifically, no more than 15 miles from milepost 88. Ahhhhh....I can mostly relax now.
Just had the big 3-1 last weekend. We went out to dinner with friends and then to a BBQ (not to eat more, though, just to say hi...if anything, I could stand to miss a meal, not eat extra). This weekend, Janice (aka Kami) and I decided to rent Miss Shirley (that's a limo we rented from...wait for it...Red Neck Limos...no joke) and we are going wine tasting with the husbands and friends. That's tomorrow. I will post to let you all know what Miss Shirley is like up close and personal.
Staying with Mom and Tom is a truly joyous experience (my mom reads this blog). HAHAHA Actually, it is not bad at all, we have plenty of room and I know that we are probably driving them crazy with our shit all over (we are not what I would consider to be tidy folks), but I think they are good sports. They like having the girls here...in fact, I think that's probably why they tolerate Andre and I. We are trying to keep things picked up, but the shoe situation is a little out of control.
The computer at casa de Atwood is freakishly slow, so that's why I don't update my blog or facebook much. But now that I am a woman of leisure (not working, people) I have time to wait. So I will try to do better!
2 comments:
You crack me up!! I'm glad to hear all is well in that now-large household :) Hi Teri! Love Heather PS thanks for chatting the other night -- finally talked to Colin online and he is alive and well, so I'm happy :) I also got a photo from him (see the blog) of the first city.
Of course it's a joy having the Martinez family living with us :-) other than the crankiness that occurs occasionally, I'd say all is well..
Post a Comment