Some of my friends mentioned the other day that they actually read my blog. So I decided to update it. Maybe I will try to keep it up. That and losing 65 pounds could be my New Years resolutions!
About Leavenworth:
We went to Leavenworth with the Smiths the beginning of December. Last year, there was no snow. This year, we got stuck in it! No joke. It was not a laughing matter. We were stuck in the driveway of the rental house. Big sigh on my part. Andre finally made me go inside so he could take care of business. A few minutes later he was inside with good news -- it's unstuck. We snowmobiled the next day and had a great time...except for the the "incident" that left one of the snowmobiles with a broken tail light. We spent our last full day in town shopping and then watched the tree lighting. It was so pretty, as usual.
About Christmas:
The holiday was pretty relaxing, which was nice. Sometimes Christmas gets lots in a whole bunch of stress, so I've been trying for the past couple of years to really focus on what's important -- spending time with my family and not being grouchy because I'm worried about wrapping paper and such. We went to Mom & Tom's the morning on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts and eat quiche (yum) then went to Andre's family gathering that evening. It worked out so well -- we didn't feel like we had to rush around at all. Then we were able to vegitate at home on Christmas. Andre had to work, but the girls and I did not go anywhere. I even went so far as to take a shower and then put my pjs right back on.
About Olivia's Birthday:
Miss Olivia is 7 years old. I can't believe it. First of all, time flies. Second, Andre and I are definitely not mature enough to have a 7 year old. We had a little family party at home. I made her a cake with homemade cream cheese frosting (the greatest thing I have created in my kitchen to date) and filled with cherries (some of the ones that I canned last summer). Can we say delish?
About New Years Eve:
We were going to go out, but we didn't end up with a babysitter. It turned out good, though. We got Chinese from Mandarin House (the greatest place E.VER) and watched a couple of movies. I fell asleep on the couch around 11 or so. That's right, we party like rock stars at our house. Sorry, I have no pictures of this night.
No comments:
Post a Comment