Things I got done today:
1. Bought and planted a tree in the yard. Andre did help me plant it and also informed me that it is "my" tree and, therefore, all leaves produced by said tree will be "my" responsibility. We'll see about that...I think the girls might be old/tall enough to rake next fall. Right now it has NO leaves...looks like an eight foot tall stick in the ground.
2. Made dinner. We had pulled pork sandwiches and green beans. Sandwiches=yum. Beans=absolutely disgusting...but healthy...and so I choked them down and showed the girls how to suffer through them as well.
3. Went grocery shopping. I do enjoy Albertsons. The produce. The way they bag my groceries for me. What I do not enjoy is having to pay extra for the pretty tomatoes and having my groceries bagged. I might revert back to WinCo where there are no added perks, but also way lower prices.
4. Made homemade french toast sticks using this recipe: http://onceamonthmom.com/toddler-french-toast-sticks/. They will be good to grab for the girls in the morning to eat at daycare. I taste-tested them. They are good. Notice the person who created the recipe must not be from the US b/c all the measurements are metric. Thank god my math skills have improved in recent years.
5. Boiled a dozen eggs. For lunches this week. I love HB eggs, don't you? Andre despises them, which I am happy about b/c I already have to share them with O & V.
6. Actually cleaned the kitchen as I went. Yay. Dishwasher is running as a type this. Rest of the house is still a big mess.
7. Washed laundry. My laundry, actually. I need clothes for tomorrow and am the only person in this house w/nothing to wear. Sigh.
It was a relatively productive day, considering that I also slept until 8, got up for a couple of hours, and then took a late morning nap :-)
And for my mom, there. I have updated my blog!
4 comments:
My oh my that was a busy day! And a few of the things are out of the way to save you time the rest of the week! Good job!
We need to come by and see you all again soon :)
Sound like all is well in the Tri Cities. Give them all a hug
Duncan
I can't believe you updated.
Good Job Des.
Mom
Post a Comment