Tuesday, May 6, 2008

D U M game (or it is me??)

Is anyone else out there bent on playing a game in which you appear to have no chance to beat? I mean, really, my win percentage is 13%. For you math wizards out there, that means I LOSE over 3/4 of the time or 87% of the time. I tell you, I have an illness. In case you are wondering what the game is...yeah, it's spider solitare. Standard in the games on your PC. I do just fine (100% win rate, in fact) with only one suit of cards, but you up that to two suits and I pretty much suck. And, like I said before...I'm a little obsessed, I think. Maybe that's because I stink and want to get better. Practice does not seem to be helping me, though. I'm sure that you are all thinking about all of the better games available to play online, etc., but now that I'm obsessed with improving my spider solitare skills, I don't think I'll be able to quit. The 13% of time that I do actually win, though, is very gratifying--the game shoots off fireworks in celebration. Not sure if this is a standard thing or something that's reserved for people who lose most of the time and they just want us to feel better and keep playing.

...and for those of you who noticed the misspelled word in the subject; for the record, I do know that dumB is the correct spelling. I use the DUM with Kami @ work (and my students) when I'm in a mood. It is so much more fun to spell it out, and incorrectly at that, than it is to say the word. I'm not sure why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D U M is a fabulous word and perhaps there are people that don't understand why saying DUM is funny, but that's ok...they are dum!